$73 million to support mental wellness during COVID-19 pandemic
More than 180 mental health workers will be deployed across the state as part of a $73 million package to boost mental health services during the COVID-19 pandemic. Premier Gladys Berejiklian said the additional mental health staff and new digital resources would ensure anyone who requires support is able to access it when they need it.
The NSW Government’s mental health support package includes:
- over 180 additional specialist, community-based mental health clinicians and peer support workers
- expanding the virtual mental health program to all local health districts
- free access to Tresillian’s digital SleepWellBaby program
- capacity for 60,000 extra calls to the 1800 NSW Mental Health Line
- creation of pop-up mental health Safe Space sites, reducing pressure on emergency departments.